I’m so glad you are here…
Hello, I am Sarah, a private Specialist Dietitian in Eating Disorders and IBS. Together, we can take a look at your whole lifestyle to to see how to better support your body to improve your quality of life. I don’t focus on weight loss, but rather help you address your health concerns whilst also working on your relationship with food and movement.
Focus of practice
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge-eating disorder, ARFID, etc.)
- Gastro- IBS, SIBO, Coeliac, etc.
- Disordered eating/Body image
- Sports Nutrition
Sarah Curry is a trauma-informed Registered Dietitian Nutritionist specialising in disordered eating (from yo-yo dieting to eating disorders), body image, and IBS. She works with clients from 5 to 95-years-old. Her philosophy of nutrition is built on a framework of intuitive eating and that body shape is an unreliable indicator of health. While science-driven and realistic, her approach is one of compassion and non-judgement.
Sarah’s connection to her work stems from the massive role food plays in our lives. By removing obstacles of fear and misconceptions around food, it clears the path for more presence in our relationships, the roles we play, and even in the actual pleasure that comes from food. Her passion is to empower her clients to see they truly can take off the burden of fear of food and warring with their bodies to live a whole life beyond.
She has been a dietitian for 15 years in both the UK and Los Angeles and is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the UK and the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) with the States. She is a member of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) and is a Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor. Sarah also has extensive training in childhood feeding, eating disorders, body image work, MONASH FODMAP training, trauma-informed care as well as sports nutrition. She is also DBT, RO-DBT, ACT, and CBT-E informed. And, while it’s not a professional qualification, she is a mother of 3 children and understands the emotions and challenges of feeding a family day in and day out.
- I have been a dietitian for almost 15 years
- I have a passion for helping people transform the way they eat, move, and view their bodies
- Four years ago, I founded the award-winning health & nutrition blog, Dishin’ It Out (rebranded as Sarah Curry Nutrition)
- I worked as the Diabetes Specialist for HealthCare Partners, the largest network of physicians in the greater Los Angeles area. I also worked as a Clinical Dietitian in the ICU at the Olive-View UCLA Medical Center
- I have co-created and led continuing education for physicians re: Detection of Eating Disorders in the Primary Care Setting
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counsellor
- CBT-E, ACT, DBT, RO-DBT informed Eating Disorder care
- MONASH FODMAP & IBS training
- Responsive Feeding Therapy (RFT) for childhood eating difficulties
- CBT for ARFID
- Sports Nutrition
Credentials & Education
- Registered Dietitian (in the UK & the States)
- ACSM certified Personal Trainer
- Masters of Science, Nutrition Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Biology
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Mental Health sub-group
- Gastroenterology subgroup
- British Dietetic Association (BDA)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)